Congrats on your new custom wood product from DIY Dad Online. If you’ve purchased a cutting board here a few things you need to know and a few things you need to do to make sure that your cutting board lasts for years to come.
- Never ever put your cutting board in the dishwasher. I can not stress this enough. The glue that is holding your cutting board together, while waterproof will break down in the heat of the dishwasher. This will ruin your cutting board and unfortunately you will have to purchase another one.
- Maintaining your cutting board is just as important as you maintain your car. It needs oil to help keep its luster and shine as well as to protect it. Therefore every 6-8 weeks you need to add Mineral Oil to it. All mineral oil is food safe and you should add enough to cover the entire board both top and bottom as well as the sides. Once applied allow to dry for One Hour.
- Once dried apply DIY Dad Wood Butter with a cloth. Rub in the wood butter, which is food safe, and buff to a shine.
- Most, if not all of the DIY Dad Online, come with anti-slick clear rubber feet to keep your cutting board out of standing water. Please do not ever remove your rubber feet from your cutting board.
Cleaning your Cutting Board
To clean your cutting board, simply wash with warm water and a mild liquid detergent. Once cleaned, take a kitchen towel and dry your cutting board and allow to dry completely.
BBQ Boards (boards 10″ x 24″) in which are long enough to meats, veggies and more on, make sure to use hot water and a mild soap to clean all the meat off to ensure complete sanitation.
Coasters, Utensils, Candle Holders, Charcuterie Boards
- Coasters, both end grain and face grain should never go into the dishwasher. Simply pat dry any standing liquid and allow to dry.
- You may add mineral oil to coasters every 3-4 months, more if used more. You may also consider adding DIY Dad Wood Butter as well if need be.
- Candle Holders should not need to be washed.
- Charcuterie boards should be cleaned with soap and water, and allowed to dry. Add mineral oil every 2-4 months or more frequently as needed.
If you’ve purchased furniture like dressers, trunks and the like, do not allow liquids and food to stay on for longer then 5-10 minutes. Most of these pieces of furniture has been painted and if allowed to stay on there can possibly ruin your furniture.
If you have any questions about your wood product you have purchased please email me at firstname.lastname@example.org with all the details and I will return your email within 24-48 hours.